Saturday, December 24, 2011

Stebel horn installed. Get the hell out of my way.

I’ve had a Stebel horn just sitting here waiting to be installed for many months. Yesterday I took advantage of the warm weather to finally get ‘er done. There was no way I could fit that thing intact within the front of my scooter, so I split the compressor from the horn and linked the two pieces with a short length of tubing. It seemed like it should be a quick and easy install but nothing ever seems to work that way. I had to pull the leg shield off to run wire up from the battery and I had to attach a number of wiring connectors to all of the various bits and pieces. Nothing difficult, just tedious. But now it’s done and that sucker is LOUD. I almost can’t wait for some cager to do something stupid so I can give them a blast. Heh heh.

No comments: