Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting connected

I'm an early riser, always have been.  I generally wake up on my own somewhere around 5:00.  I'm not one of those perky, jump-right-out-of-bed sorts but I also don't spend much time lolling around before I decide to get up.  My first thoughts of the day are generally things like, "Huh?" or "I don't want to work today" or "Where am I?", but yesterday when I woke up I realized I was already thinking in full sentences and probably had been for awhile.  And what I was thinking was, "What sorts of electrical connectors and how many of them should I pack for Cannonball?"

My minimalist approach to gearing up is beginning to give way to concern that I'm going to forget to bring some crucial little piece of something that I discover I need only when I've broken down on a Forest Service road in Arizona that's many, many miles from nowhere.  One reaction to that, I suppose, would be to think of and then pack all of those crucial bits of something, which is apparently what I was doing yesterday when I woke up.

Butt connectors?  Male and female spade connectors?  Good lord, what is happening to me?


No comments: